How to handle a breakup gracefully!


If you have gone through a breakup recently you are probably heart broken, bitter and angry. Many people never really get over splitting up with the person that they cared about so much. One of the excellent things to help in a situation like this is to write poetry!

Your deepest feelings have been dredged up and tromped on. Sometimes a painful situation is made easier by whatever outlet you can find to express yourself. It might be something else entirely. Reading a relationship eBook may help you get a handle on your feelings and what to do next.

Writing down what you are thinking about and keeping a journal makes a difference for many people. Just let the ideas flow. If something comes to mind write it down. Don’t worry about the grammar or spelling. The idea is to jot down things that you can look back on over time.

Your language doesn’t have to be flowery. If you have any kind of a creative bent poetry may be a way of expressing your pain. You are looking for an outlet and a way to vent. It could be hitting the bed with a tennis racket as well! Smashing a racquetball against a wall is another way some people deal with it!

Do you remember how you felt when a loved one passed away? Wasn’t it comforting when someone sent you a sympathy card and put a personal note about your relative in it? Didn’t those kind words mean so much and seem so helpful? How to know when to end a relationship is something we all handle differently. It's a grieving process.

Give yourself some time to sort through your feelings before you do anything drastic. You have invested so much of yourself in your partnership. There is a time to come together and a time to say good bye to everything.

So many people think that they can deaden the pain by drinking alcohol or taking drugs. Unfortunately, as Hollywood will attest, that is only a temporary fix with deadly results. The recent death of Anna Nicole Smith is a very good example of a life gone too soon because of her drug and alcohol problems.

Think of the contributions that Ernest Hemingway could have made in the literary world if he hadn’t taken his own life? How about Marilyn Monroe? What the world have been like if we had only known them longer?

When you express your feelings in a journal, song or poetry do it in your style. Don’t try to impress anyone. You are doing this for your own benefit. No one else has to know about it.

The nice thing about all of this is that you may finally come to the conclusion that you are ready to start winning your ex back after all! Start a blog about your feelings and let the world know what is going on in your life. You’ll be amazed at the people that will read your blog and offer advice. Sometimes, we just need a shoulder to cry on. People can be so supportive if you give them a chance.

You can start by writing one huge paragraph filled with all your feelings and everything you want to express, just to get it out. Let other people fill in the blanks for you as you go along! Write the same way you talk and start a new paragraph whenever it feels natural. The idea is to just let things flow.

The reality is that you can’t ever figure out ”how to get over my ex” until you deal with all your emotions and the things that you had in common. Time is the greatest healing process for anyone that is grieving. It does get easier as the days and weeks pass. Sometimes, you never get over it completely but you learn to live with it.





3 comments:


  1. My bf of a year and i broke up a year ago. He is obsessed with his alone time (video games, reading, napping, etc) and we also work together sometime 8-5 and after work sometimes was pushing it. Our biggest issue when we were together was honesty; he loved to tell me what I wanted to hear even when it meant lying. We finally broke up when I caught him in a lie. I had a weak moment (intoxicated) and begged for him back. He refused and said he needed time to himself to “fix” himself. My friend adviced me using love spell. I entered the website http://magical-rituals.com and order the most powerful love spell. And I don’t regretted. My lover back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is florence i live in USA i am a Lesbian and just 7 months ago my lesbian girlfriend broke up with me and ever since then i have been trying to get her back to love me again but all my effort to get her back did not work, i hardly sleep because i love her so much and i could not afford to loose her so i had to contact a powerful spell caster and doctor called doctor azeke whom i heard was specialized in helping people in this kind of situation.To cut my story short i contacted doctor azeke and he promised to help me get her back to me in just 4 days and at exactly 4 days she called me on phone for the first time since she left me, i was happy and knew it has started working and just after few days after she fell in love with me again and promise never to live me again. I am so happy today that my lesbian girlfriend is back again and i never could have get her back my self if not for the doctors spell so i am advising if you are finding it difficult to get your ex girlfriend or boyfriend, wife or husband back getting your lesbian or gay friend back in your life, you need to contact him and i am 100% sure he will be happy to help you all out. this is his contact info email: drazeke200@gmail.com          whatsapp : +2348115381248

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is florence i live in USA i am a Lesbian and just 7 months ago my lesbian girlfriend broke up with me and ever since then i have been trying to get her back to love me again but all my effort to get her back did not work, i hardly sleep because i love her so much and i could not afford to loose her so i had to contact a powerful spell caster and doctor called doctor azeke whom i heard was specialized in helping people in this kind of situation.To cut my story short i contacted doctor azeke and he promised to help me get her back to me in just 4 days and at exactly 4 days she called me on phone for the first time since she left me, i was happy and knew it has started working and just after few days after she fell in love with me again and promise never to live me again. I am so happy today that my lesbian girlfriend is back again and i never could have get her back my self if not for the doctors spell so i am advising if you are finding it difficult to get your ex girlfriend or boyfriend, wife or husband back getting your lesbian or gay friend back in your life, you need to contact him and i am 100% sure he will be happy to help you all out. this is his contact info email: drazeke200@gmail.com          whatsapp : +2348115381248

    ReplyDelete

If you have found this web site to be informative and helpful we would like to hear about it! Please leave your comments!