Does counseling for relationships work?



Every relationship is as different as the people that are involved in them. It’s almost impossible to say whether counseling will make a difference for you or not. So what can you expect if you decide to hire a professional to help you and your partner with your problems?

First and foremost be realistic about what they can do. It’s kind of like catching cancer at an early stage. If the divisions in your relationship are so deep with a lot of bitterness and hatred the outcome is definitely questionable. Early counseling often does prevent a future divorce IF the partners are willing to take the advice they are given.

Sadly, many couples end up being together when they are just not compatible. It may be due to an unexpected pregnancy or it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time. If you are dating and searching for “ways to get my boyfriend back” or “ways to get my girlfriend back” that's another matter entirely.

Counseling certainly has its place and helps many people get through a tough time in their relationship. Be prepared for some astronomical fees though if it takes quite some time. If you are a member of a church and feel that a pastor is an excellent resource by all means check them out. You’d be surprised at the expertise that they have in this area. After all, counseling is a big part of their job!

The problem that many couples face is that one of the people in the relationship may not be committed to really trying counseling. It’s hard to admit that we have problems sometimes. Many individuals have a difficult time opening up and telling a complete stranger their most intimate feelings.

Knowing how to present the idea of going to counseling is extremely important. If you do it in a bullying fashion or tell them they have to do it or you’ll walk out the results will be less than satisfactory. Explain to them that you are having a hard time dealing with a lot of the issues in your relationship and you need help. They’ll likely be more receptive to the idea that way.

If you ask your partner to go to counseling because you have some issues you need to work on, they’re more likely to view the idea favorably. Explain that you think you need some help to be able to contribute more to the relationship, and to learn how to be a better partner or spouse. Don’t ever accuse the other person of need counseling. Even if you believe that they are most of the problem, don’t say so.

”Love and relationship advice” is available in a variety of ways. The internet is a wonderful resource with all kinds of help available. Friends and family (particularly parents) are often some of the greatest sources of wisdom and inspiration when you feel alone and confused. It’s never to late to try counseling because a relationship is such a big investment in anyone’s life. Don’t give up without a fight!

Sometimes the most effective counseling involves a one on one session with a professional. You may need to work out your own feelings first and feel individual attention is justified first. There might be some areas that you need to change before the relationship can heal. Be willing to make the changes that you need to no matter what they are to be successful. There isn’t any point of working at the relationship if you both are not totally committed to doing what it takes!

If you ”want your ex back” it may involve hardships and sacrifices that you can’t even imagine. Painful experiences and hard feelings just can’t be crammed down and never dealt with. You have to be willing to work on yourself first before you can change the other person.

Don’t let the process get mired in pointing fingers at each other and refusing to bend on anything. It takes compromise and understanding to repair a relationship. Give yourself the chance to re unite and move on. You’ll be glad you did!

3 comments:

  1. My bf of a year and i broke up a year ago. He is obsessed with his alone time (video games, reading, napping, etc) and we also work together sometime 8-5 and after work sometimes was pushing it. Our biggest issue when we were together was honesty; he loved to tell me what I wanted to hear even when it meant lying. We finally broke up when I caught him in a lie. I had a weak moment (intoxicated) and begged for him back. He refused and said he needed time to himself to “fix” himself. My friend adviced me using love spell. I entered the website http://magical-rituals.com and order the most powerful love spell. And I don’t regretted. My lover back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is florence i live in USA i am a Lesbian and just 7 months ago my lesbian girlfriend broke up with me and ever since then i have been trying to get her back to love me again but all my effort to get her back did not work, i hardly sleep because i love her so much and i could not afford to loose her so i had to contact a powerful spell caster and doctor called doctor azeke whom i heard was specialized in helping people in this kind of situation.To cut my story short i contacted doctor azeke and he promised to help me get her back to me in just 4 days and at exactly 4 days she called me on phone for the first time since she left me, i was happy and knew it has started working and just after few days after she fell in love with me again and promise never to live me again. I am so happy today that my lesbian girlfriend is back again and i never could have get her back my self if not for the doctors spell so i am advising if you are finding it difficult to get your ex girlfriend or boyfriend, wife or husband back getting your lesbian or gay friend back in your life, you need to contact him and i am 100% sure he will be happy to help you all out. this is his contact info email: drazeke200@gmail.com          whatsapp : +2348115381248

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is florence i live in USA i am a Lesbian and just 7 months ago my lesbian girlfriend broke up with me and ever since then i have been trying to get her back to love me again but all my effort to get her back did not work, i hardly sleep because i love her so much and i could not afford to loose her so i had to contact a powerful spell caster and doctor called doctor azeke whom i heard was specialized in helping people in this kind of situation.To cut my story short i contacted doctor azeke and he promised to help me get her back to me in just 4 days and at exactly 4 days she called me on phone for the first time since she left me, i was happy and knew it has started working and just after few days after she fell in love with me again and promise never to live me again. I am so happy today that my lesbian girlfriend is back again and i never could have get her back my self if not for the doctors spell so i am advising if you are finding it difficult to get your ex girlfriend or boyfriend, wife or husband back getting your lesbian or gay friend back in your life, you need to contact him and i am 100% sure he will be happy to help you all out. this is his contact info email: drazeke200@gmail.com          whatsapp : +2348115381248

    ReplyDelete

If you have found this web site to be informative and helpful we would like to hear about it! Please leave your comments!