Dealing with an affair

One of the most important things in a relationship is trust. Unfortunately, many couples just can’t get beyond an affair and split up. The good news it that it is possible to come back from cheating. The downside is that it’s going to take a lot of work to make it happen.

Can a marriage survive after an affair if one or the other person involved continues to cheat? Obviously, the answer to that is no. The purpose of this article is to offer solid, simple tips that will work if both parties have really committed to changing their behavior. You can bet that your partner will find out what happened some how even if you think they won’t.

The first thing that needs to happen is being honest about what actually took place. There isn’t any point in hiding things. If you do, there will always be doubts . There is a practical side to this as well.

There isn’t any point in not taking the blame if you were the one that had the affair. You can’t expect your partner to get over an affair if you aren’t willing to own up to your mistake. We all have a natural tendency to rationalize our behavior or make excuses. This is not the time to act that way. Take the blame and move on.

Once you have gotten to that point it’s time to apologize. It needs to be a complete and sincere admission that what you did was wrong. You need to make sure that your partner knows that you are truly repentant and regret what you did. Don’t rationalize or minimize your behavior.

You need to win back the trust that was in the relationship at one time. Be realistic and understand that you need to give your partner or spouse some space. They need to have some time to sort through their feelings. You are going to push them further away if you expect them to forgive you right away. It takes time! Coping with an affair is not an exact science. Every couple has to work it out in their own way.

Just remember that after an affair your relationship may never really be the same again. The best thing you can do is to look at it as if you are starting the relationship from scratch. There are resources available to help couples that are dealing with infidelity. Don’t try and go it alone if you really need help. We all do during the tough times in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is florence i live in USA i am a Lesbian and just 7 months ago my lesbian girlfriend broke up with me and ever since then i have been trying to get her back to love me again but all my effort to get her back did not work, i hardly sleep because i love her so much and i could not afford to loose her so i had to contact a powerful spell caster and doctor called doctor azeke whom i heard was specialized in helping people in this kind of situation.To cut my story short i contacted doctor azeke and he promised to help me get her back to me in just 4 days and at exactly 4 days she called me on phone for the first time since she left me, i was happy and knew it has started working and just after few days after she fell in love with me again and promise never to live me again. I am so happy today that my lesbian girlfriend is back again and i never could have get her back my self if not for the doctors spell so i am advising if you are finding it difficult to get your ex girlfriend or boyfriend, wife or husband back getting your lesbian or gay friend back in your life, you need to contact him and i am 100% sure he will be happy to help you all out. this is his contact info email: drazeke200@gmail.com          whatsapp : +2348115381248

    ReplyDelete

If you have found this web site to be informative and helpful we would like to hear about it! Please leave your comments!